Spring is on its way, but we're not done with Winter yet as there's more snow in the forecast for Sunday night. Is this roller coaster weather impacting the real estate market in Warren County Ohio? Stick around for a top level overview!
Come back later this month to read our assessments of Mason, Lebanon, Springboro, Maineville/Hamilton Township & Morrow.
Warren County Residential Sales Summary (single family homes & condos):
Number of Homes For Sale 3/1/2019: 596 (DOWN 27 from 623 2/1/19)
Number of Homes Under Contract (Pending) 3/1/19: 365 (UP 99 from 266 2/1/19)
Number of Homes SOLD in February: 174 vs 152 last month (as of February 1) UP 22
Average Sales Price: $256,079 vs. January's $268,009
Average Cumulative Days on Market for SOLD homes: 67 vs 68 in January
Median Sales Price: $217,500 vs. January's $214,000
Median Cumulative Days on Market for SOLD homes: 36 vs. 31
Minimum Price Sold: $18,000
Maximum Price Sold: $1,680,000
What are the key takeaways?
- The thing that grabs our attention the most? The significant jump in the homes under contract. So many went under contract that even with new listings on the market, the net was the number of homes NOT under contract actually dropped below 600. For the entire county and ALL price points and locations, that's slim pickings.
- Prices remained stable. Average price shifted a bit but median price was close to the same as the previous month.
- Time to sell remained about the same.
- 12 homes sold in the luxury category ($500,000 or more). Only 1 of those 12 sold for more than $1,000,000.
- New construction entered in MLS and sold was 13 homes, and those are just the ones reported in Cincinnati MLS. Made to order homes are often not reported. New construction accounts for 195 of the 596 homes listed in MLS and NOT under contract. The number of new homes available increased from previous months.
- Distressed (short sales and foreclosures) increased this month with 5 foreclosures and 0 short sales in the 174 sold homes. Currently the 596 homes for sale include 4 foreclosed homes and 2 short sales.
Visit our WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com website for full search capability without registration requirements.
Still have questions about the local real estate market or want an in depth analysis of YOUR particular neighborhood and home? Call us at 513-520-5305 or email at Liz@LizSpear.com. No hassle, no pressure. Whether you want to go on the Warren County market tomorrow, or next year, there's value in knowing your specific options.
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map