The MLS Says Your Home Is For Sale, But Is It Really?
Out of town buyers, 10 houses they want to see, New Year's Eve but during the afternoon. Would seem to be easy enough wouldn't it? I figured we'd lose 1, maybe 2 from the list due to it being the holidays. But what I got actually made me think some of the homes should be off the market and not teasing the public with being "For Sale" when the seller really isn't receptive to having anyone show up in the near future.
Of the 10 showing requests we got:
- Can't show until an unknown date because the seller with the power of attorney moved out and left no forwarding address and won't return phone calls.
- A decline due to 9 visiting relatives. (okay, I expected that somewhere, it IS the holiday season after all). Can you come back January 2 or later?
- Can we try after January 5th? The housesitter may not be doing a great job keeping the home show ready and we don't want to risk a showing.
- A FSBO in MLS who was hesitant about the 12:30 request, but ultimately agreed.
- The other 6 confirmed (one was new construction, the other five all occupied).
At least two of the declines should probably be in a Temporarily Withdrawn status. There's no point advertising a home for sale, and then telling buyers they can't get in. We totally understand for a day or two, but for a week plus, it's time to change to Temporarily Withdrawn status and not tell the public you're "For Sale" and then not let them in.
When the snow on the ground and it's the holiday season, don't you think the buyers are serious? Shouldn't you be serious too as the home seller?
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map