Okay, it's time to start looking for your new home! And you may be wondering what is the expected etiquette for touring homes?
For the most part, it's fairly easy! We're guests and we need to make sure we leave the home at least as good as we found it!
General expectations are:
- We take care of the home. If we've stepped in some mud, we ditch our shoes at the door. In fact for some homes they specifically request taking off shoes or wearing shoe covers to protect the new carpet they just installed.
- You can look at the home but we're not there to test it. We're not there to flush all the toilets, check for leaks or run the appliances.
- We stay together. I'm responsible for the home during the visit, and that includes making sure every outside door we open is locked when we leave. That also means if you've got young ones with us, you keep an eye on them. Lots of homes are going to have kids toys or little mementos out and about, some of them quite fragile. I don't want to have to apologize for something being broken.
- It's okay to open doors and look in the closets. And it's okay to look inside appliances that are being offered with the home. It's NOT okay to start prying into the owner's dressers or desks.
- We need to be mindful of our schedule. We have an allotted time for our visit. The sellers would like to come back home when that time slot is over. And we've got other houses to see, right?
- Be aware that what we think is private might not be private. Sellers may have speakers, video cams, etc. set up in the home.
- If you know right off the bat a home is not THE ONE, it's okay to move along. I've usually booked overlapping appointments or might have a vacant home in our itinerary that gives us some schedule flexibility.
- If you have questions, ask them. What I don't know I can ask the listing agent and get back to you with answers.
Ready to talk about buying or selling a Warren County area home? Just call 513-520-5305 or email Liz@LizSpear.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map