Buying a home can be a challenge to those not prepared to act. It's a brutal truth, but those prepared to act and who then DO act are most likely to get what they want. It's truly a you snooze, you lose business.
We get it, buying a new home is a HUGE expenditure and you don't want to screw it up. Make a mistake and you can find yourself miserable and out a lot of cash trying to correct the mistake.
But fact is there's no guarantee that a home you love or a lot you want to build on will be there this evening, much less tomorrow or next week. Once you KNOW, you've got to act quickly.
If one of my buyers walks into a home and KNOWS they want it, I'm not talking about trying to meet later to put together an offer. If no one else is around, let's get this done on the kitchen island. Other visitors? The park around the corner will do. I've written offers on the hood of my car and the low edge of a shed roof. ACT.
You've decided between builder A & B and you know which lot you want? I'm looking for the first open appointment with the builder's rep to meet and finalize your offer. The lot that appeals to you may very well appeal to someone else and we want to stake our claim first!
So how do you better your chances of getting what you want in your next home?
1. Have your financial ducks in a row. Know what you can and can't do for a loan. Do you have to sell your current home, or can you buy without doing so?
2. Hire an agent that understands the market and the type of home you want, AND has the time to take care of you. (My bias is showing here, but if you want a Cincinnati patio home, there's a scarcity of agents that know the niche. I do know the niche, so call me).
3. Want to build new? Make sure your agent to be has experience with new construction. An agent that knows the builder's reps will be better equipped to guide you through the process. And if that agent has a great relationship with those builder reps, it might just be the difference between getting an appointment today and having to wait days.
4. Do what you can to be ready to write an offer. Research the neighborhoods for school information, taxes, etc. If you know one or two particular communities are the ONLY ones, let's get a copy of the HOA rules and regs for you to review.
5. When your agent calls to say a a new home is on the market, be willing to rearrange schedules if you need to. In our hotter markets, (e.g. Mason condos), a new offering this morning might be under contract by this evening.
Interested in knowing more? The answers are easy to get, just call me at 513-520-5305 for a chat. Like what you hear, we can meet in person and get even more detailed about determining the best path to take care of your future home needs!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Serving Greater Cincinnati home buyers and sellers,
Bill of Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map