How Long Will It Take Me To Find A Mason Ohio Home To Buy?
You've decided it's time to buy a Mason home and stop paying the landlord. You've talked to a mortgage professional and gotten your preapproval letter. Now it's time to start getting serious about finding a home to buy.
How long will it take to find a home, buy it and get moved in?
There are some key variables to consider:
- How many MUST HAVES do you have on your shopping list? The more things that aren't negotiable, the fewer homes that will be available to you.
- Is new construction on your list? If you buy a market ready home, you can be within a month. If you start from scratch, you may be 6-8 months from home completion.
- What's your budget flexibility?
- Are you in a lease now? When does it end? Can you renew month to month?
- The time of year influences the number of homes on the market and the number of buyers looking.
- And VERY important, how motivated are you to be a home OWNER?
Unless you're a cash buyer, chances are the FASTEST you could get in a new home is 30-45 days from now. That assumes we go out TODAY, find a home that works for you, write a contract that gets accepted within 24 hours, etc. That 30-45 days accounts for home inspections and getting your financing completed. More likely than finding a home first time out is we're going to go out with you on a few occassions until you find THE ONE.
You'll do a LOT of looking online. You'll fall in love with a home once or twice and then walk in the door and find out the listing agent is a superb marketer but the home just doesn't match your expectations. Others we'll walk into and you'll discover since the Internet doesn't have Smell-o-vision (yet!), that the home is coming off your list ASAP! Bottom line, nothing beats walking in the door to get the true picture of a home, the neighborhood, and all that comes with it.
So assuming there's not a massive shortage of housing inventory, typically starting your home shopping 2-3 months prior to when you actually want to be living in a home is about the right window to avoid feeling rushed, and also for the seller to not think your requested closing date is too far out for them to accept.
Any questions, just let us know!
Serving Mason's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
REALTORS(S) Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth & William Spear
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Liz direct: 513-265-3004
Bill direct: 513-520-5305
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map