Just Because You Think It's So, Doesn't Make It So!
Yesterday afternoon our copier/printer flashed "NO TONER" in the middle of a big print job. No problem, open up the bottom storage and pull out a new toner cartridge and........ Aaaaack! NO TONER is right, nothing in there! Now I could have sworn that we had one left, but nope. No gots, nada.... Fortunately early enough in the day to visit our copier service company and get toner cartridges, so no harm done.
However, in this case, thinking we had a toner cartridge didn't make it so did it?
We encounter lots of people in our real estate life that think because they think something, that's the way it should be. Unfortunately, that line of thinking can often be to their detriment, and it's not limited to home sellers or home buyers, both sides are equally guilty! All of comments and more are things we encounter regularly:
- It's a buyer's market, the seller should be happy just to get an offer!
- The buyer can fix that after they move in. It's a minor item and they shouldn't care. They probably won't even notice it.
- That corner lot won't be a problem when I go to sell. Neither will that pool.
- That offer is insulting, you just tell that buyer to go to........ If they really want this home, they'll come back with a better offer!!!
- Why can't the seller let me in with only fifteen minute's notice for the showing? Aren't they serious about selling?
- But I love my decorating scheme! That wallpaper is just like my granny's and it brings back great memories! Buyers should love it too!
- My credit is GOLDEN I tell you! I don't need a preapproval letter! I'll get one when I find the house I want to buy.
- The buyer needs to understand I'm not GIVING my house away!
We could take this list a lot further, but you get the idea. A misguided thought might be all it takes to keep you from buying that dream home or selling your current home. It's a tough market, and we're here to help you avoid making mistakes that hurt your best interests. We'll tell you when you're off base, and we'll do it tactfully!
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Http://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map