Warren County Ohio Real Estate Market Snapshot September 1, 2015
August just flew by! Schools are back in session, some days are actually COOL instead of hot and humid, it's subtle but you can feel the change coming! And the same holds true for the local real estate market! We're starting the annual slow down in activity. By no means is the market going into hibernation, but it's SLIGHTLY down. A few less sales, a few less homes for sale. It's normal for this time of year. Overall, for the most part August activity matched July, just in a little less quantity.
Stay with us for a top line review of last month's Warren County Ohio residential home market.
Come back later this month (starting around the 5th) for the start of our detailed market reports for Mason, Lebanon, Springboro, Maineville/Hamilton Township & Morrow. By then all the month end transactions should be accounted for.
Warren County Residential Sales Summary (single family homes & condos):
Number of Homes For Sale 9/1/15: 1068 (DOWN 35 from 1103 8/1/15)
Number of Homes Under Contract (Pending) 9/1/15: 473 (DOWN 70 from 543 8/1/15)
Number of Homes SOLD in August: 298 vs 304 last month (as of August 1) DOWN 6
Average Sales Price: $241,611 vs. July's $239,117
Average Cumulative Days on Market for SOLD homes: 64 vs 68 in July
Median Sales Price: $206,500 vs. July's $199,150
Median Cumulative Days on Market for SOLD homes: 28 vs. 29
Minimum Price Sold: $24,100
Maximum Price Sold: $920,000
What are the key takeaways?
- The market has cooled slightly and the biggest indicator for that is the drop in homes under contract. 473 is still a lot of homes under contract, but it doesn't match up with July's 543. That's still basically 1 of every 3 homes for sale is currently under contract.
- On the other hand, prices and times to sell stayed almost constant.
- And as usual, there's a HUGE difference within Warren County from the cheapest home to the most expensive home!
- Distressed (short sales and foreclosures) continue to be a fairly small segment of Warren County homes for sale. Currently the 1068 homes for sale include 33 foreclosed homes and 15 short sales. Of the 298 homes sold in August, 10 were foreclosures and 5 were short sales.
- Bottom line, it's STILL a good time to sell your home or look for one to buy.
Visit our www.WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com website for full search capability without registration requirements.
Still have questions about the local real estate market or want an in depth analysis of YOUR particular neighborhood and home? Call us at 513-520-5305 or email at Liz@LizSpear.com. No hassle, no pressure. Whether you want to go on the Warren County market tomorrow, or next year, there's value in knowing your specific options.
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
REALTORS(S) Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth & William Spear
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Direct #2: 513-265-3004
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map