What's My Maineville/Hamilton Township Home Worth? January 2016
It's finally acting like it's REALLY Winter over the last few days isn't it? Finally snow on the ground and it's staying there for a bit! And while January might not have been that cold, there was a chill of sorts on the Maineville real estate market with only 14 homes completing sales. HOWEVER, before you read that as "The Maineville real estate market is in trouble!", now that there are 58 homes under contract (and that doesn't even count the new construction homes that don't appear in MLS!). So things aren't so bad after all!
Stay with us for the latest Mainevillle & Hamilton Township area real estate news!
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Maineville Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Maineville Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
This report is for single family homes only and NOT condos. We're covering zip code 45039 only, which also includes homes in parts of Landen and Deerfield Township, although at low levels. That also means any Hamilton Township homes in other zip codes are NOT covered in this report. The majority of 45039 is covered by Little Miami Schools, although portions are in Kings Local. Obviously zip code 45039 is NOT uniform so we're not always comparing apples to apples in this report. This report is informational and for the best advice for you as an area home buyer or seller, please contact us for a specific review of your needs.
- All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system.
- If any Maineville/Hamilton Township homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report.
- All data is for the 45039 zip code only.
The 45039 zip code offers a diversity of living choices, with a focus on affordable housing. Much of the zip code is easily reached by taking the SR48, Western Row or Kings Mills exits off of I71. Depending on traffic you can be in the heart of Maineville within 5-10 minutes from the SR48 exit. Along the way you'll pass a Lowe's, Target, Kohls, Kroger, Petsmart and a collection of strip malls with a selection of dining choices.
With regards to housing choices, there are numerous developments, with the majority focused at the $200k price point with many starter type homes available well below that. If your preference is more space, the area also offers that option with either luxury home communities or more rural opportunities. Additionally, one of the area's few 55+ communities makes its home here.
Turning Leaf, a Hamilton Township community
So, on to the review!
First up is the number of Maineville/Hamilton Township area single family homes sold on a month by month basis starting in 2010:
Next is the Maineville/Hamilton Township median price summary chart.
Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 Single Family Home Category Data Summary:
Homes Sold: 14 (0 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale) DOWN 19
Average Price: $247,100 UP $16k
Median Price: $199,500 UP $1.5k
Days on Market Average: 110 SAME
Homes Active 2/10/16: 110 DOWN 12
Homes Pending 2/10/16: 58 UP 30
Average Sales/List %: 96.1% DOWN .7%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $485,000
Least Expensive Home Sold: $112,500
So what can we determine from the latest statistics?
- As we mentioned at the beginning, a pretty drastic drop in number of home sales in January when compared to December. And even compared to recent Januarys, 2016 still had a low month.
- But the good news? LOTS of homes under contract! 58 is promising some good months coming up, but on ONE condition: the number of homes for sale needs to keep up with the number of homes under contract. Only 110 homes not under contract and even that number is deceiving! Why? Because over a 1/3 of that 110 is new construction, and if for any reason new construction isn't an option for a buyer their choices are pretty slim.
- Prices were up for both median and average, but with only 14 homes in those numbers don't put too much emphasis on the price movements.
- No homes sold below $100k and 3 above $300k. Overall sales were in a fairly tight band.
- Distressed (foreclosures and short sales) continue to have minimal impact at this point: none of the 14 Sold and only 7 of the 110 not under contract, that's a low portion of the market and just what we prefer to see.
- Inventory is shrinking which is also typical for this time of year. Hopefully more options will come on the market as we get closer to Spring.
So what does this mean to you as a Maineville/Hamilton Township single family home owner?
We're not changing last month's advice: You have even LESS competition right now than in previous months. The cold tends to discourage the "casual" home buyers but the serious ones will continue to plow through the snow and keep looking for their perfect match.
We don't see a lot of truly negative in this month's report to discourage offering your home for sale if it makes sense for you! However, keep in mind the new construction competition in the area.
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us at 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Maineville/Hamilton Township home buyer?
NO REASON TO CHANGE FROM LAST MONTH: Inventory is EVEN TIGHTER THAN December! If you find a home that suits you, don't delay acting or you may miss out on your opportunity. There are other buyers out there and area housing is still VERY affordable and overall the homes tend to be newer and in subdivisions.
There is a LOT of new construction available and having an influence, and PLEASE, for new construction, have us help you! The builder will NOT cut you a price break for showing up unrepresented, and using our services will NOT cost you extra.
When you're considering buying a Maineville/Hamilton Township area home, please contact us at 513-520-5305 with your needs and we'll help you find the right community!
To Search Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 homes for sale, please use the links below.
Search Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 Homes for Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Warren County's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports:
REALTORS(S) Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS
William (Bill) Spear, CRS
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Direct #2: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Http://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map