At first glance you might think it was a particularly bad month for Maineville Ohio homes sales. After all, the median price is one of the lowest we've seen in ages, and the number of homes sold in January versus December is almost half as many. That's not good, right? Well actually it's all explainable with the proper context. Stick with us for the details right after the stats section further down this post when we get into more details about the Maineville/Hamilton Township area home sales.
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Maineville Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Maineville Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
This report is for single family homes only and NOT condos. We're covering zip code 45039 only, which also includes homes in parts of Landen and Deerfield Township, although at low levels. That also means any Hamilton Township homes in other zip codes are NOT covered in this report. The majority of 45039 is covered by Little Miami Schools, although portions are in Kings Local. Obviously zip code 45039 is NOT uniform so we're not always comparing apples to apples in this report. This report is informational and for the best advice for you as an area home buyer or seller, please contact us for a specific review of your needs.
- All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system.
- If any Maineville/Hamilton Township homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report.
- All data is for the 45039 zip code only.
The 45039 zip code offers a diversity of living choices, with a focus on affordable housing. Much of the zip code is easily reached by taking the SR48, Western Row or Kings Mills exits off of I71. Depending on traffic you can be in the heart of Maineville within 5-10 minutes from the SR48 exit. Along the way you'll pass a Lowe's, Target, Kohls, Kroger, Petsmart and a collection of strip malls with a selection of dining choices.
With regards to housing choices, there are numerous developments, with the majority focused at the $200k price point with many starter type homes available well below that. If your preference is more space, the area also offers that option with either luxury home communities or more rural opportunities. Additionally, one of the area's few 55+ communities makes its home here.
Turning Leaf, a Hamilton Township community
So, on to the review!
First up is the number of Maineville/Hamilton Township area single family homes sold on a month by month basis starting in 2010:
Next is the Maineville/Hamilton Township median price summary chart.
Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 Single Family Home Category Data Summary:
Homes Sold: 20 (3 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 4 New Construction) DOWN 15
Average Price: $194,323 DOWN $39k
Median Price: $176,250 DOWN $23k
Days on Market Average: 49 DOWN 33 (median 18 days)
Homes Active 2/6/17: 120 UP 10
Homes Pending 2/6/17 37 UP 2
Average Sales/List %: 97.3% DOWN 1.1%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $360,000
Least Expensive Home Sold: $30,000
So what can we determine from the latest statistics?
- Okay, it DOES look kind of grim doesn't it? HUGE drop in prices and total sold, but that's not to mean that the rug has been pulled out from under the Maineville real estate market! While we dropped total sales from December to January, look to past Januarys and you'll see 20 homes sold is right at the top of the charts.
- And price drops, yes they did go down. But it's not so much as a price drop as an issue with the mix of homes sold. January had a scarcity of upper priced homes sold, with only ONE home sold above $300,000. That's not the norm (e.g. in November there were EIGHT homes above $300k), and add the three bank owned homes and you get a skew lower on the price. We'd expect the prices to bump back up in the coming months.
- New construction is a high portion of the homes on the market, accounting for 53 of the 120 not under contract. And 4 of the 20 homes sold were new construction, and THOSE were just the homes reported to MLS. Not all builder activity makes it to MLS.
The number of pendings is stong at 37.
- Distressed (foreclosures and short sales) bumped up bit this month, accounting for 3 of the 20 sales, and 5 of the 120 homes for sale.
- Inventory is still low, especially if you don't have time to wait for new construction.
So what does this mean to you as a Maineville/Hamilton Township single family home owner?
STILL THE SAME AS RECENT MONTHS: If you can price competitively to the new construction offerings, you can take advantage of the shortage of homes for sale. Less competition means better sales times and often a better price. Supply and demand at work!
We don't see a lot of truly negative in this month's report to discourage offering your home for sale if it makes sense for you!
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us at 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Maineville/Hamilton Township home buyer?
NO CHANGE HERE EITHER: If you find a home that suits you, don't delay acting or you may miss out on your opportunity. There are other buyers out there and area housing is still VERY affordable and overall the homes tend to be newer and in subdivisions.
There is a LOT of new construction available and having an influence, and PLEASE, for new construction, have us help you! The builder will NOT cut you a price break for showing up unrepresented, and using our services will NOT cost you extra.
When you're considering buying a Maineville/Hamilton Township area home, please contact us at 513-520-5305 with your needs and we'll help you find the right community!
To Search Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 homes for sale, please use the links below.
Search Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 Homes for Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Warren County's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports:
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Http://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map