Depending upon the size of the home, a typical Cincinnati home inspection lasts about 2-3 hours. The home inspector has a list of key items to check for, and there are certain things the buyer isn't going to be doing with the home inspector (going up on the roof, in the attic, etc.).
So as a home buyer you may have some "down time" during the home inspection, but there are some other key activities that can be performed at the same time.
1. Take measurements. Need to know how big a refrigerator will fit? Now is the time! Curtains, window blinds, etc. can also be planned for.
2. Planning to have new flooring put in prior to moving in? Get the flooring estimator to visit during your inspection time period.
3. Verify you can get home insurance and what the cost will be.
4. Take a closer look at the home. You may have only toured the home for 10-15 minutes before writing the offer, so now is the best chance to check things out again because your next visit won't be until the final walk through just prior to closing.
5. Eyeball the neighborhood. Watch for traffic, listen for noises, etc. Do you know where the community pool is? Check the local crime stats and sex offender list.
6. You're about to make one of the biggest financial investments of your life and the last thing you want is to regret your decision.
7. Take a closer look at the yard. How much lawn care will be needed? Do you need a fence? Any trees that might be an issue soon?
These are just ideas of what you can do. Per the contract, the seller DOES NOT have to let you back in the home between the home inspection period and the final walk through, so plan ahead and you're move-in activities will be that much smoother!
Want to discuss home buying and selling further? Just give Bill a call at 513-520-5305 or email/text Liz@LizSpear.com.
Serving Greater Cincinnati home buyers and sellers,
Bill and Liz aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map