You're nearing retirement and you're thinking about what's next. What are your housing options?
And there are quite a few housing options for retirement living depending very much on your wants and needs. Of course at the top of the list driving your decision may be health needs, and some of your living choices provide more support than others.
So what are your Cincinnati retirement living options?
1. Move away. You're retired! You can snowbird it or leave full time! Maybe that means heading to Florida or Arizona or wherever the grandkids live now! Or maybe you decide to leave the country and do the ex-pat lifestyle. Need help selling your home here or help finding a great agent where you're going, just give us a call at 513-520-5305. We're networked with agents all over the country and via the RE/MAX network, internationally too!
2. Age in place. That's right, stay exactly where you are. Get a jump on some home remodeling to make that easier. Door levers over knobs, a walk-in shower, etc. And at some point you may want to hire a lawn service. A quick search of the Internet will find plenty of useful information on ways to adapt your home.
3. Downsize. Maybe trade that 4000 sq ft home for a smaller ranch home with a smaller yard and then make modifications as you need it. We can help here!
4. Low maintenance living. Buy a condo or a patio home and let others take care of a lot of the work you've done for decades! We can help with this too!
5. 55+ community living. This is a version of #4. There's ONE designated 55+ community in Cincinnati and it's located near Kings Island and Maineville. As we write this, the community is down to about 5 lots for new construction. The HOA takes care of the lawn, snow removal and has a HUGE social life and over 30 different social clubs. Call 513-520-5305 for the latest details. We've helped many buyers call Heritage at Miami Bluffs their new home.
6. Assisted Living. There are communities the offer tiered living, independent if you need it and changing to more care as the need arises. These communities don't operate like normal communities with buying or selling homes, so as a real estate agent there's not much we can do to help. Otterbein outside of Lebanon is a major facility of this type.
Want to discuss further? Just give Bill a call at 513-520-5305 or email/text Liz@LizSpear.com.
Serving Greater Cincinnati home buyers and sellers,
Bill and Liz aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map